Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Looking for Custom Story partners
Carlyle Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners

I like all of them.
I wonder if we can combine them to make one that has the best parts of all. What I mean is: you are insane and have some kind of multiple personality disorder (Like an extreme case *Murderer/ in an Insane asylum*) and the prison/asylum gives you an experimental drug and it puts you in a dream-like state. The story will take place in the dream and, like story one, you are "abducted" by some outside force, but here's the kicker, your captors are your split personality's. The story can switch between reality and "his" reality. Maybe even at the end reveal what he's seen and what has actually happened.

Tell me what you think because to day I showed my friend your ideas and we then came up with this. If you think this is not a good idea then we'd go with the second.

I also have some people I know who would do voice acting for us. And as my friend and I are musicians we could maybe even write a custom soundtrack. But that's for later.

And we also have a bonus ending idea that only occurs when you've collected of done something specific.

Thanks,
Carlyle

(10-13-2011, 05:08 AM)Homicide13 Wrote: Just as a little note here, making a monster with alternate music playing is a fairly simple task. All you have to do is either open the entity editor and make a new version of the monster with the music you want it to play, or simply remove the music all together and set the music manually. you would then save the new ent file in a "entities" folder that would go in the root folder for your custom story alongside your "maps" folder.
Thanks
That's really helpful.

Carlyle

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2011, 03:02 AM by Carlyle.)
10-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Looking for Custom Story partners - by Carlyle - 10-12-2011, 12:14 AM
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners - by Carlyle - 10-14-2011, 03:01 AM
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners - by xtron - 10-27-2011, 06:19 PM
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners - by GrAVit - 11-01-2011, 08:48 PM
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners - by GrAVit - 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM