The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[solved]Game Freeze. Huge hpl.log *SPOILERS*
PRAEst76 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [solved]Game Freeze. Huge hpl.log *SPOILERS*

I've noticed that Episode One is freezing at random points in the game. The image freezes and the background sound loops. The only way I can escape is to Ctrl-Alt & F1 to a console and kill it. This leaves me with a frozen mouse on the desktop (I'm assuming Penumbra was using it's own software mouse?)

Usually on reloading and continuing the game plays on fine but I've got to the stage in the game after the chase through the tunnels by the spiders leaving me in the Storage room. The game freezes after some of Red's dialogue and it does this almost every time I reload or shortly afterwards.

The hpl.log file is huge (43meg) so I've included an edited version. lines beginning with "Checking: " have just repeated over and over for 1,512,000 lines so I'm assuming it's stuck in some sort of loop. I'm assuming the "Cache out of date" errors are due to the game now exiting cleanly.

PRAEst76
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2007, 02:36 PM by jens.)
05-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
[solved]Game Freeze. Huge hpl.log *SPOILERS* - by PRAEst76 - 05-28-2007, 05:54 PM