Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
From Noob to Pro: Amnesia Custom Story Creation Series
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: From Noob to Pro: Amnesia Custom Story Creation Series

(05-01-2012, 11:12 PM)Saren Wrote:
(04-21-2012, 03:46 AM)ResidentEddy Wrote: Well, I can't even LEARN how to script (how pathetic of me, I know, especially since I'm 19 years old). I'm in a depressed state with this scripting. I already posted about this situation recently.
Know how you feel brah...... I'm having a hard time getting this stuff too....
Maybe you'd find it easier if you tried learning the concepts of programming from another source. The documentation for the scripting in this engine isn't really sufficient to learn from, there's are many things it assumes you know. You can always learn, however, all the material to learn programming is out there on the internet, you just have to find the right source at the right level for you, be it Your Computer's tutorials or otherwise

On the other hand if you don't want to learn, try just getting good at another aspect of mod making and work with someone who knows scripting.

C++ is certainly the programming standard of the gaming world, but outside gaming and science things like Visual Basic and Java are more practical, where you don't need to worry so much about memory.
05-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Noob to Pro: Amnesia Custom Story Creation Series - by Adrianis - 05-02-2012, 12:35 AM