Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mac OS X Demo Now Available: Version 1.0.679 (Beta 2)
Kallas Offline

Threads: 0
Mac Issues

Ok well here is some feedback for the mac demo... firstly thanks so much for porting this, it really is a brilliant game (i have played on windows) you've all really gone above and beyond.

Ok so everything runs well, no random crashes/system meltdowns etc. My system is a 2.33GHz Intel core 2 duo, with 3GB of ram and a Radeon X1600 with 256MB v-ram.

The only issues that i can find are firstly a problem with the shadows. See the image below.

[Image: picture9wc4.th.jpg]

The picture below is the same scene with shadows turned completely off, however you can still see that the rear wall isn't there and neither is the torch/chain/lock/coat on the wall/map on the table so on so forth, some of the textures aren't appearing.

[Image: picture8ai5.th.jpg]

This is all i could find, good job on everything. Also apart from the shadows i had all the effects up at max.

Cheers.

By lowering the shader quality like Secutor said, i can make the various missing elements re-appear, and for the most part the back wall, although it pops in and out.
06-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Mac Issues - by Kallas - 06-03-2007, 12:17 PM
It fried my Keyboard - by Logn - 06-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Mac demo - by rhywun - 08-01-2007, 06:17 PM