Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler Some suggestions for the developers to improve game mechanics. (SPOILERS)
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Some suggestions for the developers to improve game mechanics. (SPOILERS)

Quote:You're making poor excuses. Pausing is just as much chickening out as quitting the game, only pausing is more convenient. The pausers go right back once they're calm and collected again, just as quitters do. They go back when they feel like it, ruining the realism, the sense of immediate urgency, and the main challenge of the game. A pause button is always meant to keep the player from dying while he's away from the computer - nothing else. It's not to be used in actual gameplay. Whenever an LPer uses this button, his audience will hiss and boo over the cowardice of him not living up to the challenge of the game. It's really bad, because it also shows an inability to cope with real-life stress. If somebody runs out in front of your car, there's no pause button. If somebody jumps you in the street, there's no time-out. You eat healthy food to build up reflexes and the ability to stay collected under pressure - that's your "pause-button". That's the skill that every game that isn't turn-based, wants to test.
[Image: eb6.jpg?1307463786]

I'm finding it EXTREMELY difficult to take you seriously anymore

I'm also trying to figure out how to respond to how inanely stupid your entire post there was, my best guess is you're just trolling and trying to get an argument going or something, so I'm probably better off just ignoring you

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 06:50 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some suggestions for the developers to improve game mechanics. (SPOILERS) - by Hunter of Shadows - 04-09-2012, 06:41 PM