The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Found a really effective way to speed up frame rate
GFree Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Found a really effective way to speed up frame rate

Disable Compiz/Beryl!

Yeah, I know you might be thinking "well DUH!", but I gotta say, this was much more effective a way of speeding up the frame rate than I thought it would have been. I play many games in Linux, a lot of Quake 3-based stuff and even things like Doom 3/Quake 4, but I've never seen quite such a difference in before and after as I saw with Penumbra. I've never bothered to disable Beryl prior to running a game because the frame rate gained was insignificant, but this one is vital, and finally matches what I saw with the Windows demo.

Maybe the reason there's such a difference is because Penumbra's the most graphically advanced game to date in Linux? I dunno. Just thought I'd share the observation. Also helped alleviate a small number of audio issues at the same time.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2007, 12:07 PM by thechef.)
07-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Found a really effective way to speed up frame rate - by GFree - 07-02-2007, 12:06 PM