The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overwriting/Replacing A Checkpoint's Function?
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39
Overwriting/Replacing A Checkpoint's Function?

I was wondering if it is possible to overwrite a checkpoint's function or even the checkpoint itself, as this is the situation:

There are two endings: Bad and Good. You get the Bad ending if you die (Checkpoint 1), but if you enter this certain room (for me, it's a script area the player has to pass by in order to get the good ending) you'll get the good ending (Checkpoint 2), however you still die, but you get "dragged" into another room (which is the last level of my full conversion/A "ChangeMap" function is used as well).

This hasn't been working for me as the DeathHints are the only things replaced, but the function is still the same as the first checkpoint. (So even if I want a function to happen on the second checkpoint, it won't do it, it'll load the first checkpoint's function)

PLEASE help me out with this!! I don't know what else to do :/
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012, 01:28 AM by SonOfLiberty796.)
12-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Overwriting/Replacing A Checkpoint's Function? - by SonOfLiberty796 - 12-31-2011, 08:14 AM