Joined: Dec 2011
RE: STILL STUCK in worm/acid area overture
It has been some time (as I wrote in my post) but I do not think it should be too late to make a shortcut for your weapon.
Here's how you do it:
- Open your inventory via TAB
- You see all the boxes with your items. On top of the screen you see some empty inventory boxes labeled with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.
- Move your mouse to the Pickaxe, press and hole the left mouse button
- Drag the cursoe (with the pickaxe) to the box labelled "1" and release the mouse button. The pickaxe should now be on this box.
Now if you close your inventory, you can bring up the pickaxe with "1" and put it away if you press "1" again. "X" also works for putting away a weapon (by default).
If that does not work within the chase (which I would not know why), I'd suggest taking an earlier Savegame. I think the game should have made a Savegame before the whole chase even starts.
About your Hardware:
I have not experimented with it but I could imagine that a low framerate could decrease the chances of success. So at least for a try and to get past this spot I'd recommend:
- Turn off all effects
- Turn off VSync
- Reduce the resolution of the game as far as possible
Even if this only grants you 5 FPS - maybe these will help you for this chase.
P.S. If all fails, I could try to do the worm chase on my own machine. However I use the Linux versio of the game and I am not entirely sure if the Savegames are compatible with each other. I tried to do that after having issues with Black Plaque (Linux version) but eventually it crippled the game on Windows as well - and I do not ant to destroy your overall progress.
|02-05-2012 02:03 PM