The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress  Subconscious Coma
TheLastGreyKnight Offline

Threads: 5
Subconscious Coma

Subconscious Coma

"Nyles, wake up Nyles! For the love of god man you need to wake up!" You awake to find yourself in an 18th century noble mansion. Your room is very well lit, the house seems worm and cozy, a roaring fireplace in the living room, all seems so peaceful, That is, until you hear a voice beckoning to you. It sounds like your wife! It doesn't make sense though, you can hear your wife, but not see her, so just what the bloody hell is going on!? It is at that moment the voice changes, to your own, reveling you are actually in Coma, and the voice you are hearing is really your subconscious speaking to you. Your subconscious reveals to you that every human being actually has "two" people in their mind so to speak. Their Conscious state, and their subconscious state. Nyles subconscious informs him of his current state in the Noble hospital St.Main and that he is truly in coma and the only way out is for Nyles to face his deepest fears. Your subconscious informs you the only way out of this coma is to delve into your deepest memory's and fears, and face those fears and those memory's, it is the only way out of coma, and the only way to ever see your wife again. Before Nyles accept's his task of facing his fears, his subconscious informs him of one last thing, the Conscious mind tends to suppress the worst fears and memory's in order to keep the mind sane. His subconscious warns him that his mind will try to stop him from uncovering his worst nightmares, memory's, and fears. It will stop at nothing to keep you from remembering. Delve into your mind and find out why you are in coma and what happened. "Oh, and Nyles, one last thing, remember, if you die in this place, you will die in the real world, you must not die, Nyles, you're fighting for the survival of us both"

In-game details
Choose your story. Choices you make in game will affect the outcome of the story in the end. Choose wisely!

Deep story. This custom story is more focused on a story than just "Scare the player anyway possible" But don't fear, it will have it's moments that make you jump.

Something new. Unlike many story's, something new here other than the usual short story's and cheap scares.

1-2 hours of gameplay. Included with puzzles and main story choices. Player can choose to do things a different way, but be warned, every choice will alter the ending of the story!

To do list
Make a trailer(Top of the list)
Work on script for ingame voice acting.
Make custom background.

Progress
Maps=10%
Script=5%
Voice+music=1%

Comments/updates
Ok, so this is a new story I have been planning for about a month now, I do not plan on releasing a demo at ANY time because I think that will ruin the suspense for people who may actually be somewhat exited for this. I don't plan on this being done in a fast paced time, I plan on adding good fitting music, full in game voice acting with the main player and his other "self's" along with something I have never seen in a custom story, yes, the power to choose how you want to story to end. I plan on making YOUR choices mold the story and I hope that the first players will get to all experiance different endings and share their story's. I am not sure how I will do this at first but I'm thinking right now it will be along the lines of simple actions in the story that will trigger different maps to be loaded and different scripts to be triggered. For example lets say you have choice A. Kill the prisoner to get past a door fast. You kill him, door unlocks, you go and you load the next map. B. You find the key and unlock the door yourself and not kill the prisoner, mad loads, but it's a different map with complete different voice acting and scripts. Bear with me here, this story is BIG and it will take time, but if you read all the way to the end, I hope you will stick with it! Thanks for the time if you read all this.

(Updates)
2/5/2012-Got the first few maps done, working on outline for the scripting.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 09:06 PM by TheLastGreyKnight.)
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Subconscious Coma - by TheLastGreyKnight - 01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: Subconscious Coma - by Kman - 01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Subconscious Coma - by TheLastGreyKnight - 01-25-2012, 11:06 PM
RE: Subconscious Coma - by Dewi - 01-26-2012, 12:51 AM
RE: Subconscious Coma - by TheLastGreyKnight - 01-26-2012, 05:39 AM
RE: Subconscious Coma - by Obliviator27 - 02-06-2012, 10:51 AM
RE: Subconscious Coma - by Brigadier Bacon - 02-05-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Subconscious Coma - by Kman - 02-05-2012, 09:07 PM
RE: Subconscious Coma - by Brigadier Bacon - 02-05-2012, 09:09 PM