Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 3.78 Average
Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion-
I will disagree Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion-

So you are criticizing my criticism? Interesting... I'll keep this in spoilers.

Spoiler below!
(01-28-2012, 02:27 PM)Thiefnuker Wrote: 1. "All my remaining respect for you vanished as I saw the flying naked body."
If you mean Johannes, you probably never played the main story. Johannes has the Model of Alexander who is naked & floating, too.

I meant the pointless bad jump scare in the study

Spoiler below!

(01-28-2012, 02:27 PM)Thiefnuker Wrote: 2. "Those morality questions are pretty much laughable"
Morality questions? If you mean the possibility to either stab the guys or not, that's not a morality question. It's just to give the player the chance to decide, not more and not less. Some people want to kill them, some don't.

"You probably think that killing douzends of people for one lord is not acceptable. But you have to know: If Johannes dies, he has no heir to the throne. Chaos will rise. Hundrets, maybe thousands of people will die! This is not a moral condflict!"
But lets not discuss more about this since the story must not have been your main focus anyways. Wouldn't hurt to find someone to fix the grammar btw.

Spoiler below!
(01-28-2012, 02:27 PM)Thiefnuker Wrote: 3. "Mapping was the same..."
I'm sorry that we couldn't make 274 new models and we used the ones of Amnesia. Low amount of detail? What did you expect as "detailed"? It's one of the most detailed stories I have played yet. And i played ~20.

You have all the same stuff Frictional used for TDD so you can make as detailed map as they've made.
Rather bad example for improvement below.
[Image: altstadtbefore.jpg]
Added lighting, some decals and minor tweaks:
[Image: altstadtafter.jpg]

I have no idea how someone can't be bothered with the clear seams between cellarbase walls, use them welders! And btw many of your maps stutter on start since there are so many physics objects that you let fall on place.

Spoiler below!
(01-28-2012, 02:27 PM)Thiefnuker Wrote: 4. "The basement lever door puzzle..."
For the puzzles you are supposed to use your brain. The lever unlocks a door with a handwheel in the room behind. With that you can pull up the heavy door and proceed. And pulling the lever gives you 25 Sanity Damage, which is pretty much but if you played well before that's not a prob. I never, never, never lied on the ground after pulling it. And so did all the BETA-Testers (14 people).

Looks like I missed the DoorValve when I played. But the fact that pulling the lever down always gives sanity damage is just lazy scripting/testing.

Spoiler below!
(01-28-2012, 02:27 PM)Thiefnuker Wrote: 5. "don't spot a single interesting puzzle..."
If you skipped every puzzle... how should you find one then? And okay, we will implement a dancing puzzle next time if you like that.

If I'm right, all the puzzles were fetch puzzles. As in find this here and put it there (you even copied the TDD machine room puzzle). Puzzles are meant to make the player feel clever, you just used hidden items with straightforward uses to force the player to wander around and find stuff so they can progress.

I wouldn't write long ass posts just to bash you, these are here to point you to some of the problems I had while playing.
01-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion- - by I will disagree - 01-28-2012, 05:18 PM