Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should Lovecraft's works/world be the next game(s) made by Frictional Games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
57.14%
4 57.14%
Nope.
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Shub-Niggurath and friends in the next Frictional Games horror story?
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Shub-Niggurath and friends in the next Frictional Games horror story?

(02-05-2012, 05:56 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(02-04-2012, 08:44 PM)Gasjockey Wrote:
(02-04-2012, 07:15 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(02-04-2012, 08:24 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Penumbra and Amnesia was already a heavy Lovecraftian stories. They might not want to go for it for the third time, and I'd like to see something different from these genius people.
I didn't realize they were heavy Lovecraftian stories. I thought they would go for another Lovecraftain story, seeing that Amnesia: The Dark Descent is currently rated the scariest game ever made... they could try and top themselves (kind of like making a sequel movie, each sequel has to be better than the last to be memorable).
Well, they're not Lovecraftian in the literal sense. As in, they're not based directly on a Lovecraft story, rather the games are made in his style, for lack of better wording. And when it comes to their next game, as you may or may not be aware, it is not going to be horror-focused. That is to say, they won't forgo horror completely, but it is the story that will be in focus. Personally, I think this is a good move on their part. Amnesia was very similar to Penumbra, gameplay-wise. However, it is the story that makes it the great game it is. They will probably return to horror eventually, with all the lessons they will learn from their next game/games as well as the ones they have learned from Penumbra/Amnesia. Their next horror game will probably (hopefully) top Amnesia in all ways.
I figured it was lovecraftian style and not literal story. I have heard that the next game will be less horror, which sounds like Penumbra more than Amnesia. While it will be less horror, the monsters could easily be even more frightening and powerful than Penumbra and Amnesia (at least one can hope).

I hope its alright that I hope to see Shub-Niggurath in Frictional Games (I have my own plans myself, but that requires creating a whole new monster), either fan made or official, just to get more familiar with Lovecraft's universe (Penumbra and Amnesia were both fun, and since they are Lovecraft inspired, I think I'd enjoy a Lovecraft story).
Of course it's alright, everyone is allowed their own opinion. I'm just saying it's a bit unlikely, but hey, you never know.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
02-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shub-Niggurath and friends in the next Frictional Games horror story? - by Gasjockey - 02-05-2012, 12:46 PM