Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2007-09 Thursday 13th, Penumbra: Black Plague to be published worldwide Q1 2008
thetargos Offline

Threads: 4
RE: 2007-09 Thursday 13th, Penumbra: Black Plague to be published worldwide Q1 2008

That is VERY reassuring, Thomas. Hopefully you'll all make it happen. It is very nice to see games such as this reinvigorating a seemingly dead genre (adventure), even if in a "dark and spooky" kind of way. The other day a friend asked me what type of game Penumbra was, and I was like "Well, it is a... no wait, it is more like... no, that's not quite it... It is for all purposes and intents (IMO) an adventure game with a dark and spooky theme and atmosphere, though not as inoffensive as your regular adventure game (think of Gabriel Knight series or Phantasmagoria or Shivers games series for dark themed adventure games), but not quite a survival horror (in the tune of RE or Silent Hill, i.e. combat being a core part of the game)... If anything it IS a survival horror kind of game in the most literal of ways, in that you're better off avoiding fighting and killing fiends than actually engaging in combat, as your character is somewhat combat impaired, to stay alive and find out more about the plot"
09-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread