The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game kinda works...
xzerox13 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Game kinda works...

Ok here's my problem:
I double click the Penumbra shortcut, the game loads intro movies, the main menu is fine, the story immediately after "New Game" plays out fine, but then it says 'Loading...', then that disappears, the music is still playing, there's some sound effects, but this is where the game hangs. The screen stays completely black, and all there is, like I said, is music and some sound effects. The task manager says the game is not responding, the pc light stays steady, although task manager reports that it's using 50% of my cpu.
I've tried turning all graphical options to their lowest settings but the problem still stands.

My pc = Windows XP Media Center - 128mb intel integrated graphics, 2gb ddr2 memory, dual core processors 1.6GHz a piece.

Please help, I'm a huge fan of games like this and I'm dying (haha) to play it!

EDIT: The problem still exists even with both patches. I've tried all of the versions, 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03, it still has the same problem.
10-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Game kinda works... - by xzerox13 - 10-08-2007, 03:50 AM