Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas?
OuroboruS Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas?

I don't know about random encounters where there's no place to hide or hiding spots that still leave you vulnerable. It sounded cool at first, but it could get really frustrating really fast. I don't want to die just because of bad luck. Amnesia always gave the player a fair chance. As long as you payed attention to your surroundings and were smart, you'd most likely survive. If you get killed, you should feel like you deserved it or that you could have done better. I think the game was pretty balanced in that respect. My only complaint is that there were too many predictable encounters where an important pick-up item or solved puzzle was a spawn trigger.

Paddy's comment pretty much sums up how I feel about the use of music cues and how it works with the atmosphere and our emotional response.

Someone mentioned monsters that could pass through level doors. This was actually done in a custom story and it's probably one of my most memorable scares. After escaping a brute via level-door, I believed myself safe and traveled down the hallway. Not much later I hear a tremendous crash from behind me and a message comes up on my screen: "That door didn't keep him out for long"
I peed myself a little.

A boss fight is a cool idea. Abduction had a boss fight and was very clever and engaging despite not being able to fight physically. Even something like that, where it's more a battle of wits and strategy, would be nice.
03-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas? - by OuroboruS - 03-28-2012, 10:05 AM