Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple)

Quote: Amnesia is a game made for immersing.
You can't be immersed when playing smartphone games.
So, I think, this may could be good for Frictionals fast bucket, but not really to be a good game.
Smartphones are not for gaming.
This, basically. The thing is, mobile devices aren't meant to be played with while you sit in a dark room, wearing headphones. People use them while they're sitting at the bus stop or during a long flight or whatever. So even if you could port it without losing too much graphics quality and even if you could implement the controls, the whole effect would be lost. It would simply become a way too easy puzzle game set in a castle.

What might be a useful way for Frictional to make money,however, would be to simply let other companies license their engine. The grabby-mechanic would work in all sorts of 3D games and would indeed work very well with all sorts of touch screens. Of course you'd probably have to rewrite half of it to make it compatible with mobile devices...and I doubt Frictional would want to spend time and effort on that.

Edit: Hold on a second, why was this thread even necroed? I'm confused.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 12:00 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple) - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 08-28-2012, 11:56 AM