Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Primitives working with occlusion culling
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Primitives working with occlusion culling

(03-29-2012, 11:23 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: For some reason, you cannot cast shadows with planes. You'd have to use the technical black plane to create a shadow. You could position the black planes 0.001 units behind the plane, so that the shadow would remain convincing.
Thanks for your response. As I said, the issues with shadows can be worked around (i had thought of using sections of wall, but a black plane is a better idea), thats not so much the issue though I appreciate your answer.

The occlusion culling system means that the engine doesn't load things that the player can't see, to a certain degree. This improves performance on large levels. What I'm asking is, since the primatives dont block light like normal walls do, do they still work with the occlusion culling system? i.e. do things behind them (out of view for the player) not get loaded

03-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Primitives working with occlusion culling - by Adrianis - 03-29-2012, 11:55 PM