Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average
[Fan Updates] Adam's Custom Story Updates v0.1
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6
RE: [Fan Updates] Adam's Custom Story Patches v0.1

(04-19-2012, 02:40 PM)Anxt Wrote: Couple of things:

1. The download link you provided for Abduction does not contain any files for Abduction. I think it has the .lang file for The Attic. So, there's that.

2. I don't think this should be done without the author's permission. If you had asked me if you could go back and proofread my story, I may have been ok with it, though to my knowledge there are not many grammatical errors that weren't on purpose. I must admit, I am not a fan of people going through my work and telling me what is wrong about a year after it has been released. I admit there are likely a few mistakes. 50-100? You'd have to show me all of those, because I can't see it being that bad.

Sorry, I'm just a touch insulted that I wasn't informed/asked about this before you went through it. There are several mistakes that I made on purpose for the sake of puzzles or an intentional lack of clarity to make the player think. So again, I don't see any file related to my mod, so I can't really say anything else, but in the future, I would very much suggest speaking with the authors before going through the mods.
Thanks for your input, I'll see what's up with that file. First of all, I'm not trying to "tell you whats wrong" as you put it, I'm simply providing a service in my own spare time that I would do for myself anyways and providing the results for the community. I've put many hours of work into this, and do my utmost to try and keep as close to the core story as possible (not removing intentional mistakes) I'm sorry you feel that I'm going about it the wrong way. Also, you should keep in mind, that many of these mod authors have long since given up on amnesia/rarely, if ever, respond to PMs.

Again, sorry you're insulted, but at this moment I have no plans of changing the way I run this. I'd be lucky to get out a mod a day, let alone six. If you'd like your DL link removed, that is fine. Send me a PM and I'll make sure no one else can download it, ever.

Have a good day.

04-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Fan Updates] Adam's Custom Story Patches v0.1 - by SUMMER^ - 04-19-2012, 03:21 PM