The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

laggy performance
luxirom Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago laggy performance

hi!

i just bought your game and installed it on my G5 (dual 2Ghz)

the graphics-card is a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro with 64MB VRAM.

I know the VRAM is not much, so i turned off ALL features and used lowest setting possible. (troubleshooting)

the game looks just awkward of course. BUT the laggy parts remain!
it's not everywhere on the map, but mostly in bigger areas with 2 or 3 dogs patrolling. (in the area where you can get to chemlab, incinerator, etc.).

and it REALLY lags as hell. since i turned off totally every graphics feature and run on 640*480, i think there is really something wrong with the mac port of this game?

Other Sys-Specs:
RAM: 1.5 GB
OS 10.5

I then tried to run it on my MacBook Pro (2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM and 128 MB GeForce 8600M GT).

Problem remains even on this Machine: turning around the Character kills framerate to a unusable state...

how can i improve this problem? or is there a way to get the PC-Version legally to run it on XP on my MAC Book Pro? Probably the PC Version is more fluent?

Many thanks for hints and help!
matt
01-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
laggy performance - by luxirom - 01-13-2008, 09:10 PM