Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Need Beta Testers
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Need Beta Testers

I'll test it out, but I will review it as critically as necessary.

I'll just edit this post.

Room 1:
Spoiler below!

- Soooo emppptty, please put tables + armchairs + stove_corners + chairs + decals and other stuff, otherwise it looks boring.
- Is there no boxlight here? It's really easy to tell, the dark areas clash so well with the bright areas and it doesn't look nice to look at all.
- Yay, another key puzzle. -.- That was easy to tell, I knew right away that the door was locked before I even touched it. Even so, when you do touch it, a message pops up saying "It's locked, i think i need a key...". Two things to say about that: You need to make the "i"'s capital, and why can't you just say "It's locked." and let us figure out if we need a key or not...less handholding, please. Big Grin
- You put a tri candle light on top of boxes. However, the candles are static objects, and can't be moved, but the boxes can, so when you move the boxes, the candle just floats there. Put the candles on tables or such that can't be moved.
- The candles above the suits of armor look jarring. Like, really jarring. -.-
- It's about here when I realize this is just a pewdiepie map -.-. Find a bunch of laundanums, brute crashes open the door, and it's a poofer.

Room 2:
Spoiler below!

- A stranger's note text has a lot of errors. Here's how it should read:
"Hello, if you read this I'm probably dead. I think this house is haunted by this monster thing! It's looking for something, or someone.... If I were you, I would find a way out of here and quick!

The locked door, in the corridor, needs a key.... Oh no! It found me, they key is in the ca...."

- Missing proper name/description for the second key
- Capitalize "Living Room Key", and fix it's description, something like "Tag reads "Living Room"
- This level door has no text on it. I don't know where I'm going. It also has no locked sound or text.
- The wall next to the level door is flickering. Plus, the two keys don't work on the door, so it's just kinda like...there...
- Side note: I already have two potions of oil, a full lantern, 3 laundanums, and a sanity potion. Do you know how long it takes to get that in the main game? Like 10 maps...this is map 1. O_O

Hallway:
Spoiler below!

- Flying naked man. Oh yeah...how original. Really this is starting to piss me off....

Room 3:
Spoiler below!

- There is a door here that leads into nothingness. Is that supposed to be there? That's like instant immersion killer, although the first brute already did that to me...
- The door on the workdesk isn't properly aligned and is just floating there.

Okay, there's no where here left to go.
Please read my above comments carefully. It's all the things I noticed/felt as playing.

Final thoughts:
Spoiler below!

I get that this is your first try, but what the hell? This is a Pewdiepie map, and it's not well at all. It's like you didn't even try. Also, why is this is in a beta test if it's not even past pre-alpha? I could only access 3 rooms before I got stuck, after that, I had nothing left to do. Not like I wanted more to do anyway, we have: Random spawning poofer enemy, that can somehow break down doors mind you, a flying naked man in a corridor (haven't seen that before...) and a bunch of items throw at you for no apparent reason. Oh wait, I forgot, key puzzles galore! I mean, no...no...no....this saddens me a lot...we need originality or at least effort, this has none of them. Anywho, you got your bug fixes/feedback, good luck on the project.

This isn't me even trying to be rude, I'm just being as dead honest as I possibly can.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2012, 03:43 PM by Putmalk.)
05-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED] Need Beta Testers - by lolboy9797 - 05-13-2012, 02:42 PM
RE: Need Beta Testers - by Alento - 05-13-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Need Beta Testers - by lolboy9797 - 05-13-2012, 02:56 PM
RE: Need Beta Testers - by Alento - 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Need Beta Testers - by Traggey - 05-13-2012, 03:06 PM
RE: Need Beta Testers - by Putmalk - 05-13-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: Need Beta Testers - by lolboy9797 - 05-13-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Need Beta Testers - by Putmalk - 05-13-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Need Beta Testers - by lolboy9797 - 05-13-2012, 04:17 PM