The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am i capable of making a CS ?
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
Am i capable of making a CS ?

Greetings, Amnesia community & CS developers.

Before i get to the main point, i'd like to point out something about myself so my question/intention will be much clearer and so you'll know what i'm blabbering about Smile I love writing stories, novels and everything that allows me to express my imagination. So far the only way i've been able to show my stories was with a paper and pen or my keyboard. I love writing any kind of stories from romantic to horror, but my favourite to work with are horror adventures. My stories, usually take time from 14. century to 16. i guess my addiction to history is to be blamed here.

Now i didn't come here to boast, Amnesia is one of the greatest games i've ever played. Especialy because of the story the game has are just my taste and i could just make myself feel like Daniel (yeah sounds a bit gay). But then everything became even better when i discovered that Frictional gave us the tools to create our own story.

I have so many ideas of what i could make and how, i can already picture my custom stories. But here comes the problem: I have absolutely NO experience with scripting. i'm not a coder or scripter. I havent even tried using the tool to make custom stories so i dont really know how it looks like to actualy develop a CS.

So here (finnaly) comes my questions :

1. How difficult is it to make those events (that look simple) like once you enter a room a book falls, or a door opens/closes
2. How difficult is it to change the music which plays in a specific zone ?
3. Is custom story developing something that a non professional scripter can handle ?

And please do note that i intend to keep it very simple. I will not focus on complicated puzzles, or monsters.. Actualy i do not even plan on adding any monsters at all. I just want to bring my hand written stories into gameplay. My CS would be like just wandering great halls and rooms, maybe outdoors... Read notes and explore.

4. Is something like that possible for a non scripter guy like me ?

Anyway I'd like to apologise if i sound a bit funny, English is not my first language and i'm having a lot of difficulties to actualy explain whats going on in my mind. Hopefully you understand what i mean Big Grin

Thank you for your patience with reading my big post Smile

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
05-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Am i capable of making a CS ? - by Nice - 05-19-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: Am i capable of making a CS ? - by Putmalk - 05-19-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: Am i capable of making a CS ? - by Nice - 05-19-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Am i capable of making a CS ? - by Homicide13 - 05-20-2012, 02:13 AM
RE: Am i capable of making a CS ? - by Stepper321 - 05-20-2012, 06:43 PM
RE: Am i capable of making a CS ? - by DaAinGame - 05-21-2012, 07:07 AM
RE: Am i capable of making a CS ? - by Juby - 05-22-2012, 12:12 AM
RE: Am i capable of making a CS ? - by Nice - 05-22-2012, 02:51 PM
RE: Am i capable of making a CS ? - by Juby - 05-22-2012, 08:53 PM