Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
Betruger Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

Thomas Wrote:1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?

I really liked the puzzle with emergency waistband and that chemical lowering heartrate, when you needed to cause an emergency for the cryo doors in the infirmary to open. Really neat idea. I also liked Clarence's comments on that one.

I also like the mental realm a lot, but not really because of the puzzles, but the overall atmosphere. It was wicked!

Thomas Wrote:2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?

Spoiler below!
The only part when I was stuck was than puzzle in Kennels where you had to block 2 holes in the corridor using the heavy metal crates.
For some reason I didn't strike me that there were 2 holes and 2 crates.
So for quite some time I tried to put flares in front of the holes before turning lights out.
I also tried directing my flashlight at those holes as I walked passed them.
To me this puzzle was a bit unlogical, because if the thing was scared of light then how come he attacked anyway when the corridor was almost fully lit using the flares?

A close second is the puzzle with the gigantic worm. For some reason I assumed you were supposed to play dead (giving yourself an injection of that aforementioned chemical).
Mostly it was difficult because you needed the worm to make a hole near the cables to see that it's possible to kill it with electricity, and I usually died before that hole was made. (Somehow, I stayed away from that part of room, so the worm didn't attack through there).

Thomas Wrote:3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?

The pace was just right.

Thomas Wrote:4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?

The events were superb. Adventure game should be a good mix of gameplay and storytelling, the second being more improtant to me.
You managed to mix those just about right.

Some gameplay puzzles were quite tedious though (like those crates you had to move in the sewers to make a bridge for yourself. Trivial puzzle with obvious goal with a lot of tedious walking and moving stuff around)

Thomas Wrote:5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?

Spoiler below!

All characters were good. I just loved Clarence and the Hive had very interesting voice too.

Grey's voice acting was a little awkward.
At first, when I didn't know the story behind all this, I thought that it'd be much better to leave those guys without speach, only with some inhuman grunting.

Thomas Wrote:6) How did you like the ending?

Spoiler below!

Good one. Those tests I were put to by the Hive were quite refreshing really, and they felt like a equivalent of a boss battle Smile
I also like the way the story concluded very much.

I hope you'll continue to make fascinating adventure games like this one!
02-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread