The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thomas, 2008-02-13, "Render To Texture" (includes demoapp)
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Thomas, 2008-02-13, "Render To Texture" (includes demoapp)

Hi again all!

One of the things that I am planning to do in this work log is to release a demo showing off a new feature whenever I can. That way I can see how well the engine works on various machines and you readers will also be able to follow the development in a more hands-on fashion!

First out is a render to texture test. In HPL1 I never used any direct rendering to texture, but instead I copied data from the screen to a texture. This was good for the time being, but it also had a bunch of drawback most notably it could be quite slow on certain instances. For HPL2 I will have full render to texture support though and I just finished the implemenation.

Attached is a screenshot showing how it should look. If you get any strangenes while running please post a reply and report it along with a copy of hpl.log and a screenshot (taken using F8)

DEMO DETAILS
---------------
Download Link:
http://www.unbirthgame.com/files/RenderToTexture.zip
Minimum Requirements:
Radeon 9600 / Geforce FX
Controls:
W, A, S and D: Move around
Mouse: Look around
F8: Screenshot
Comments:
If anyone wants to mess around with the pattern generated feel free to fiddle around with "texture_render_test_fp.cg" in the programs folder. If you get anything working please attach a screen! Smile
02-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Thomas, 2008-02-13, "Render To Texture" (includes demoapp) - by Thomas - 02-13-2008, 10:49 AM