Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

"The End" - Music Project - Thoughts?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: "The End" - Music Project - Thoughts?

Robosprog Wrote:"This probably isn't a 2 hour long, ten-movement suite of epic
proportions, so there is no need for previews. Just finish it and then
release it." Yes you did.

Just because it's in the imperative form does not mean it's an explicit command. "Just finish it and then release it" can easily be substituted by "Pieces of music should generally be finished before they're released" and the meaning is not lost.
(06-16-2012, 05:50 PM)Robosprog Wrote: And music/games. If you think applying one entirely different form of entertainment to another is a fair example then you need to stop posting. You cannot compare a piece of music in alpha and a game in alpha.
Can, and did. That's how metaphors work by the way. How else do you suggest I illustrate the point I wanted to make? By saying: "Releasing half-baked previews of pieces of music is like some guy writing a vague outline of a piece of music and releasing it"?

I of course have nothing against WIP threads for critique reasons but before that a) at least minimal work has to have been put into the piece, and that it not be just a skeleton of a theme and b) that the thread creator actually wants critique, instead of Mathiasz who has deftly dodged basically everything I've said with cop out arguments. The only other reasons I can think of to post this is to show off or share it with other people, both of which require that there be something to show (and a 10 second theme outline is not much at all). I have dozens of these on my computer that are more fleshed out than this that I barely want to listen to.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2012, 09:26 PM by Bridge.)
06-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread