Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

"The End" - Music Project - Thoughts?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: "The End" - Music Project - Thoughts?

(06-16-2012, 09:53 PM)nackidno Wrote: Bridge, a musician make music for other people to listen to and if he want people to give him feedback on what is he is doing to make sure he's on the right path is all but bad, wrong, or half-arsed. It's actually a very good thing, it shows that he cares enough about his art to let people hear it and voice their opinions, and whether it's just a "skeleton of a theme" doesn't matter, as long as it's well presented and serious (which he is) then I don't understand the problem.

I kinda like the simplicity of it and I personally think it sounds very interesting and there are tons of ways you can spice this thing up. But I have to say though, that although your variation was kinda nice, it destroyed the feel of the piece and you made it jazzy which was pointless and unneeded.
1. Well that's your opinion. If you believe in it then power to you, but I don't, so I suppose we're at an impasse.

2. Well if you like how simple it is then again, power to you. I'm into music that creates interesting textures to experience and pushes the boundaries (even if only slightly). I don't like derivative music and I don't like uninspired simplicity. Also the variation I wrote served no real purpose other than to illustrate one of the infinite possible directions you could take the piece in by expanding on the harmony and rhythm. I know it destroyed the feel; not much work was put into it. But it was more detailed harmonically and rhythmically which is never a bad thing (and it can be done without destroying the feel; quite easily in fact). Compare:

and

06-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The End" - Music Project - Thoughts? - by Bridge - 06-16-2012, 10:11 PM