The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, another newbie!
Goomba Offline

Threads: 1
Wink  Yes, another newbie!

I'm new here, so first of all, hello to you all!

I have been making maps for Battlezone (a PC game from 1998) for 3 years now, I thought level editors must have remained the same over the years, of course I was wrong. Wink

I have made 3 test maps by now, and I have pretty much got the hang of the level editor, but I have absolutely no scripting experience (in Battlezone you can't really script things with an actual code, you can set paths and order units to do various things, but that's it) so possible upcoming questions will probably be about scripting. Tongue

I am working on my first custom story now, I want to concentrate it on immersing the player into the story, instead of pelting him/her with jumpscares which I saw you guys don't really appreciate (which is totally understandable, I don't really like jumpscare maps either). I try to achieve the same quality in mapping as the original game, and I think I'm doing quite a good job except for billboards which I didn't really get the hang of yet.

I'll give you the storyline also, which still needs some polishing:

The story will take place in 1936, you are James Davidson, a rich man that investigates and maps old castles. You are ordered to take a look at a large castle in Italy, once you get inside you get a mysterious, weird feeling all over you, in the next days the castle continues to haunt your mind with weird dreams and flashbacks that don't belong to you. One day you decide it's enough, and return to the castle to find out what's the cause of all this, whatever it may be...

No screenshots as of yet, I'm sorry but I still don't have enough (impressive) material to show to you guys, but I promise there will be some screenshots soon.

Cheers!
Goomba
07-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Yes, another newbie! - by Goomba - 07-09-2012, 04:30 PM
RE: Yes, another newbie! - by imgoneimdead - 07-09-2012, 07:08 PM
RE: Yes, another newbie! - by zaggnut - 07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
RE: Yes, another newbie! - by ApeCake - 07-10-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: Yes, another newbie! - by Goomba - 07-10-2012, 08:01 PM