The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some questions and requests.
Omyn Offline

Threads: 2
Some questions and requests.

Looks like the day I decided to start diving into modding for this game, nvidia's dev site gets hacked. I was wondering if any of you have the latest version of the DDS plugin for photoshop that you could throw up anywhere. Their site is down..

Anyway, after about a 5 year or so break from the whole modding/3d scene I decided to get back into it. I use to be on the dev team for the popular HL2 mod called Goldeneye Source as an animator. Which brings me to my next question. I whipped up a quick model to see how the import/compiling process is into the game. It was a very painful compared to HL2. The model was flipped, the pivot point was off, and the model was about 100 times bigger than what it should have been. I'm using 3DS max for all of my work with the opencallada for exporting. I also hear it is very difficult to get animations into the game with 3DS max. Any guidance on the matter would be great. I've been through the wiki several times and perused about the forums.

Anyway, it's great to be here and I'm looking forward to the experience. Here's a sample of what I'm looking at doing first. I was able to get the rocking chair to work by scaling it down to .004. I imagine there has to be an easier way. No textures on the rocking chair either until I'm able to get the plugin. The chair on the right is just there for size reference. Thanks a lot. Smile

[Image: scaled.php?server=15&filename=ingamea.png&res=landing]

[Image: scaled.php?server=689&filename=renderc.gif&res=landing]
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2012, 12:57 PM by Omyn.)
07-13-2012, 03:44 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Some questions and requests. - by Omyn - 07-13-2012, 03:44 AM
RE: Some questions and requests. - by Streetboat - 07-13-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: Some questions and requests. - by Omyn - 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
RE: Some questions and requests. - by Omyn - 07-13-2012, 07:54 PM
RE: Some questions and requests. - by Traggey - 07-13-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Some questions and requests. - by Omyn - 07-13-2012, 09:20 PM
RE: Some questions and requests. - by Omyn - 07-18-2012, 04:21 AM