The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Dark Knight Rises Ending Disscussion WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
The Dark Knight Rises Ending Disscussion WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS

Alright, TDKR has been out for a week now, so I thought I'd make a thread to discuss it's rather..."interesting"(?) ending.

Anything about the ending can go here. Opinions of whether you liked it, or not. Or you can theorize/discuss what it might have meant, or will mean in-universe for the future.

So starting off, I'll say that while TDKR was awesome, I had mixed feelings about the ending.

First off I did not like the Bane was taken out. This has been said a hundred times, but the way he was defeated was horribly anti-climatic for me.

Next, I thought it would have been better off if Bruce had really died. I was always more into the running theme of "Bruce Wayne will always be Batman" in which he would never retire as long as he still had a breath in his body to do his job. But, okay it's the Nolanverse, in here Bruce thinks Batman is tearing him apart, I can understand that he might feel like he can't go on anymore. I can buy that.

But if this is the case, and he knows about the "destructive nature" of Batman, why did he give the role to Blake? (Right now I'm assuming that Blake will be the next Batman because he now has the cave. Theory only) Isn't that just like giving a job/curse of something you can actually still do that still has to be done to someone else? Bruce doesn't strike as the type of person who would give up Batman in a way like that. Also, how can Blake financially support being Batman? He's just a detective. Bruce is totally broke, so he can't help. And, Selina? I don't think it would be a great idea to run Batman off of stolen money.

So those are my current thoughts. What do you think about them, and what other thoughts do you have? Let us know below!
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2012, 10:04 PM by Kreekakon.)
07-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
The Dark Knight Rises Ending Disscussion WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS - by Kreekakon - 07-29-2012, 09:50 PM