Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Unicorn Story! (dont get tricked by the cute name!)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: A Unicorn Story! (dont get tricked by the cute name!)

Now I don't want to start a lengthy discussion, or insult any storywriters here, but I do not really understand this...almost elitist mindset that you would need a downright Shakespearean PLOT to make a good custom story. Plot is only one aspect of storytelling and when it comes to games maybe not even the most important one. (other ones being for example theme, setting, characters...) Slender didn't have a plot at all but people still found it amazing simply because of the great setting and the horrifying character of Slenderman.

So maybe one shouldn't judge too hastily just because the plot seems a bit cliché. I think this could be a very interesting Custom Story. The setting is atmospheric and the characters could also turn out to be very interesting once you learn more about their background and motivations.

I agree though, let someone proof-read your translation before the release. Wink (And use a few less exclamation marks...)

Edit:
Quote: And you know nothing about the characters so judging anything about themis a poor decision, since all we know is he goes into a forest because of noises.
Exactly. That's why I asked people not to judge them. Also, like I said, I don't think this thread is the right place to start a lengthy discussion about the basics of storytelling. Come to think of it, I'm sorry I even started it, it really doesn't belong here. So please don't mistake my lack of further reaction to your post as a lack of respect for your thoughts and opinion - it is not.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2012, 12:28 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-27-2012, 01:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Unicorn Story! (dont get tricked by the cute name!) - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 08-27-2012, 01:40 AM