Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: do you believe that the taking down of parts 2 and 3 of the castle horror series, and both parts of a laugh in the darkness were just? why?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
80.00%
4 80.00%
no
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a few questions regarding the castle horror series
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: a few questions regarding the castle horror series

(09-01-2012, 03:00 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: I think that the move to remove download links was agreed upon by Frictional themselves, as they don't want their game to have pirated content in it. Don't quote me on that one.
Yeah, it was. I'm not sure Frictional themselves was involved, but I know for sure that the mods had reached an unanimous decision to remove pirated content.

Quote:As far as people flaming the content goes, there's a bit of an elitist
mindset around these forums. Quality is expected and, well....(Note,
this is my opinion) the stories aren't very good. They seem slapped
together and hastily made, with little actual storyline. When creating a
custom story, it's expected that you'll have a story attached to it,
with some actual thought put in. Having random things fly at your face
is a cheap tactic and not scary, really. It's startling. which is a
human reaction to something approaching you at a high speed.
Actually, I'm thinking the main reason people give them shit is because of the main focus on jumpscares. Their mapping is actually pretty decent in my opinion, at the very least it's definitely not horrible.

As for the Castle Horror series, while I don't like jumpscares either, what I respect the series for is its absolute devotion to silliness. Just like with the Small Horse series, the mod knows what it's set out to be, and does not try to half-bakingly stuff some high-tier disturbing storyline, or horror elements into it. It is made out exactly for the people who like jumpscares/silliness, and doesn't try to be anything else it's not. For that, I have to give them credit.
09-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: a few questions regarding the castle horror series - by Kreekakon - 09-01-2012, 03:11 PM