Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

EA innovation: "No more single player!"
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: EA innovation: "No more single player!"

I am glad EA is doing this pathetic, hatefull, thing.

namely because it has Seriously angered the gaming world, this means more and more people will refuse to buy there games, or will just pirate them like usual, EAs profits and sales fiqures have been rather weak for some time now, in fact, they are, according to blomberg anyway, on the verge of financial difficulty, seeing as they have had, about 3 games in a row FLOP on them, The Run, Nu-Moh 2010, and battlefeild 3 all sold WAY short of there sales targets.

With this decision, perhaps EA will get what is coming to them, they reach an unsustainably low level of sales, get baught out by Activision, and get closed down for good. i Hate Activision, but they are a better company than EA at least.

yes, EA used to Publish some really good games, but i think the games they have published have all, without exception, Stunk like a parisian sewer since 2005 (was Timesplitters 3 from 2004 or 2005? i cant remember, one of the LAST good games they published anyway). the rot started with EA, if you ask me, with "Underground" in 2002.
to me, the best EA Published games all came out before 2005, except for NFS, then its Pre 2002, with Hot Pursuit 2 (2001) being the last one to Deserve the name. although SOME of there franchises, such as Burnout (sucked under Acclaim, Sucked even worse under EA), and Battlefield, as examples, have NEVER been good in my opinion and have stunk from day 1 if you ask me.

they have been greedy, vicious bloodsuckers from day 1 though, when did NOLF 2 (Brilliant game, an absolute masterpiece IMO) come out? 2001 was it? even that had a Spoof on "EA", H.A.R.M's main Rivals in India, "Evil Alliance", were famous for brutal working hours, an all powerfull profit obsessed marketing division, and a tendancy to go to court every 5 seconds over "copyright". just like the "other EA" lol. and that spoof was 11 years ago!

EA has been a "bad business", reaching even an unparrallelled full 10/10 on the "JR Ewing Scale of Evil business management", for a LONG time, its only since 2005 that they have been publishing nothing but bad games though, and now, with there latest decisions like "--Log", always on DRM, Online Pass, Origin (wich installs a spyware on your system dont forget) and on Disk DLC , they are surpassing even there own past records for evil business management, John Ricitello was an extremely nasty, evil man, but at least EA published some great games under him, under Frank Gibeau however, the games haven gotten terrible and the company has got even more evil.. never thaught this Possible, but Gibeau may be even worst than Robert Kotick!

well, if EA get purchased out or collapse, it will be a good thing, it should free up there IP's and developers to go to better Publishers.

i Say Timesplitters and Crytek Uk should go to Devolver Digital (imagine having Timesplitters 4 developed by a combination of Crytek Uk (the former free radical) and Croteam, that would be an awesome game!)
NFS to Codematers (to take it back to its sim-cade with supercars route so codemasters can "take on" Forza Horizon),
Battelfeild and nu-Moh to Activision (so like COD these days that they might as well just become spin offs of that insipid series)
and Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and all EA's other RPG titles off to Bethesda (for all the quality controll issues they have, youve got to admit they still make a corking RPG, plus, wouldnt that be a lovely little Revenge for Bethesoft after what Evil Alliance did to them all those years ago? revenge, is after all, a dish best eaten cold) and so on, wich if you ask me, would be a good thing for gaming, the developers free to make the games THEY want, and long dead franchises such as NFS baught totally back to their roots and given new life, surely thats a good thing yes?
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 07:45 PM by the dark side.)
09-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: EA innovation: "No more single player!" - by the dark side - 09-09-2012, 06:50 PM