Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

"The Legend" (A horror game like Slender)
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: "The Legend" (A horror game like Slender)

(09-09-2012, 05:39 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I see what you're saying, but why would anyone openly choose a version that's clearly inferior? Even if it's nothing new/original, improvements are improvements. You have to take it at face-value, it's nothing more than a Slender v2.0. Based on what I've seen, I'd much rather play this one than the original.

Nintendo's Mario franchise does a similar thing. There is no new content, just improved graphics and smoother game play, and Nintendo still gets everyone to buy their "new" game and turns a massive profit. Even though all of the games are pretty much the same, any gamer (not influenced by Nostalgia) would pick the newest game because it is the most polished, and most likely the definitive version of its franchise.
You make some excellent points, this game looks better and looks as if it has more potential. But I don't think it's fair that these developers should make a game more popular than Slender when they are simply copying their original idea. (Although I have seen this concept before in "Hide", without slenderman though)

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
09-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The Legend" (A horror game like Slender) - by Damascus Rose - 09-09-2012, 05:44 PM