The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

When is the first major scary part?
windbrand Offline

Threads: 4
When is the first major scary part?

I'm at the part where you have to find the 4 chemicals in the wine cellar, and I have to say so far I haven't experienced much scary stuff. Yeah the game is dark, but it's not even as dark as some levels in Thief 3. The sudden gusts of wind or objects falling? Come on I hope those are not the "scary parts" of this game, they're not even remotely scary. As for the faint shadow of a tall monster that you see when you get the first chemical... well unfortunately that didn't really scare me either as it was kind of predictable.
The graphics, voice acting, and music are all great so far, but I'm just not scared. Amnesia feels like just a re-skin of Thief, but without the combat and collecting loot, and the annoyance of having to stay in the light all the time, while ironically you need to be in the shadows to avoid monsters, conflicting interests? I wasn't really scared from Penumbra 1/2 either, but I did get scared from just a gameplay video of Slender and The House. I guess it takes more than a dark atmosphere + strange sounds + objects moving by themselves to scare me.
So am I close to a really scary part? Or is the whole game going to be roughly the same? What I really find scary are disturbing images (ie, mysterious figures in photos, weird mirror reflections, sudden silhouettes, etc) and chase sequences where you can't see the monster chasing you (Slender).
No spoilers please.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2012, 02:07 AM by windbrand.)
09-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
When is the first major scary part? - by windbrand - 09-13-2012, 02:04 AM
RE: When is the first major scary part? - by Nice - 09-13-2012, 02:53 PM