Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Should I skip Fallout 1 and 2?
bloogleford Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Should I skip Fallout 1 and 2?

I actually thought 3 was as faithful as you could expect to the series for a mainstream game.

I expected it to be way worse, at least they retained a bit of the flavor humor wise, and even though the VATS implementation wasn't great..I thought it was passable enough to be fun.

The time when the first two games came out was very different, you could get away with more, and the demographic who played those games was MUCH more savvy than the wider group that FO3 was made for.

I thought New vegas had some better story elements, nicer terrain, so really fantastic bits..the town with the Crucifixions was scary (Nipton I think?) but the world feels much more "closed" once you explore it a bit, and you are way too quickly pushed onto the main quest arc.

I think the first two games were much better in terms of story and pacing, and truly memorable events -.but my rose tinted glasses see almost all old games that way, haven only played a few modern games ( meaning 2000 and on lol) with good story arc and such. Deus Ex and Thief 3 come to mind.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012, 12:10 AM by bloogleford.)
09-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I skip Fallout 1 and 2? - by Melvin - 09-16-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Should I skip Fallout 1 and 2? - by Gaviao - 09-16-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: Should I skip Fallout 1 and 2? - by Sexbad - 09-16-2012, 11:37 PM
RE: Should I skip Fallout 1 and 2? - by bloogleford - 09-17-2012, 12:07 AM