The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Breaking doors (glitch) & Monster Assistance
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3
Breaking doors (glitch) & Monster Assistance

Hello fellow Amnesia fans. The other day I was messing around in the Storage level and I believe I've found something. I've tried searching for this apparent glitch and haven't come up with anything relevant. So as far as I know it's something new. Undecided

Or maybe it isn't...? I titled this topic 'Breaking Doors'. Which is what I managed to do... Only once, and I haven't had any luck yet reproducing the 'glitch'.

The 'Door' in storage which can't be opened (on the other side of the corner, just before the caved in area you have to blow up). I used a barrel, swinging it very fast with the mouse. Using this method I've encountered a few possible outcomes. The barrel gets stuck in the door (just like it does in walls), the door gets displaced (and may slowly move back to it's correct position), or the door totally disappears. I've even had plenty of barrels to pass through the door also.

Yet, this one time I must've hit the door just right. I couldn't believe it when it happened. I also destroyed the barrel in the process, causing the game to lag for 5 to 10 seconds.

Is a broken barrel the key to this door?

Next, I did the shovel glitch to get inside this room (along with a barrel or 2). I even moved the drill piece on some boxes to the outside wall (long story there). Long story short - I had the 1st monster that appears to start chest butting(?) the door... But nothing was happening. All I could see from the inside was stuff flying as if he's hitting the door - but it's not breaking down. The thing I was trying to do here was get myself trapped, then have the monster get me out -lol. I happened to have a barrel on the left side (in the other room). I was able to move the barrel infront of the monster -I presume, the monsters strike must've destroyed the barrel and also destroyed the door. Yes. It lagged here too.

Anyway. I wanted to share what I found and I hope it isn't already common knowledge amongst everyone else but me. Blush
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2012, 07:23 PM by Tetrafish.)
12-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Breaking doors (glitch) & Monster Assistance - by Tetrafish - 12-08-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Breaking doors (glitch) - by felixmole - 12-08-2012, 11:33 PM
RE: Breaking doors (glitch) - by Tetrafish - 12-09-2012, 08:11 AM
RE: Breaking doors (glitch) - by Tetrafish - 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM