Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for Scripter to High Potential Project! [SALAZAR'S GAME]
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Searching for Scripter to High Potential Project! [SALAZAR'S GAME]

Hi Trojitus!

You may find that some people will respond to your story a little better if you just summarise it in a list, explaining the important plot points and what the player is likely to see / experience of the story. Ultimately, posting up a piece like this, thats written to read like a short-story, isn't particularly useful because these are games we are making, not books.

Good grammer and descriptive text are not important because the player is going to be playing it, not reading it. When I read what you wrote, I can't imagine how the player is going to actually experience any of it which is a bit of a problem. Don't worry about spending time inventing backstory, just make notes about the main plot points that will actually feature in the game, then let the rest fall into place where it makes sense, otherwise you risk having to make the player do a lot of reading to understand what's happening in the game.

Anyway, good luck finding a scripter, sounds like this has some potential Smile
Sorry I can't offer any actual help! (advice is cheap, and easy Tongue)

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM by Adrianis.)
02-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Searching for Scripter to High Potential Project! [SALAZAR'S GAME] - by Adrianis - 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM