Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development
TheUnbeholden Offline
Banned

Threads: 5
RE: The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development

Recession? Of course, that happens for all games, but the main point is the best mods have come from this past year.

Digressiophobia, The Things in the Night, What Lies Beneath, and Fekete Keres. The only ones that I can think from the top of my head that where unique from 2011: Nepsis, La Caza and White Night. I think there was some competition that ran on here and the ones that won where pretty abysmal except for those 3. I think its good that we are no longer being overloaded with custom stories. The only good ones are the ones that are in development for some time and use some custom content to make things less blindly repetitive. Amnesia didn't exactly have a robust collection of models/puzzles. Especially not with monsters.

That competition that ran on frictional forums that won, where pretty abysmal except for those White Night, La Caza and the one that didn't win: Nepsis.
Envy the Dead was never released, Abduction and Cannibilism was ok, Through the Portal feels very unfinished. The Estate was unmemorable and we never got Portal.

My other recommendations: Theres the custom stories with custom monsters like Tenebris Lake (decomposing zombie), The Great Work (twitching zombie), Library of Alexandria (death spirit), Obscurity (spirit, winged beast), and then theres the total conversions like White Night and Mental Memorial.

Theres the mods that haven't been released that have a new monster like Spacey (creepy girl), Otherworld (giant spider). Theres another modern day total conversion coming for Amnesia, called Envy the Dead.

Speaking of monsters La Caza (theres a panther enemy, but needs someone to animate it), Obliviator27 from frictional forums is working on a weird monster savage with animal skull (horse head). Theres also a Demon finished and released.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 08:54 AM by TheUnbeholden.)
02-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread