Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update

(02-19-2013, 09:38 PM)Minecrawler Wrote:
(02-19-2013, 09:30 PM)Traggey Wrote: I was fully able to immerse myself in Amnesia, I'm sorry mate but I just don't see your argument here.

Surely do you feel immersed in Amnesia, but the game did some things wrong compared to Penumbra or general game mechanics. As I said, if the texts would be improved that it do no longer looks like hints given to you by someone else, the immersion would be even more intensive. Because Amnesia's way was a break-down of immersion.

Perhaps english language interpretation is different to german, but in german the texts doesn't feel immersing like I remember it in Penumbra's formulation.

In german, we never say "You" when I mean myself or when I am the character and not someone called Daniel. We say "I".

That is your subjective perception, probably due to the different language, and the rest of us just don't see any problem there. To me Amnesia is still much more ''immersive'' than Penumbra, which although a great game, felt a little sloppy at certain points. Amnesia has a much greater essence and experience, which no minor problems, like text lines, can undermine, and could hardly improve either.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 10:04 PM by Zgroktar.)
02-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update - by Zgroktar - 02-19-2013, 09:52 PM