Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update
Minecrawler Offline
Banned

Threads: 0
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update

(02-19-2013, 09:52 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Amnesia has a much greater essence and experience, which no minor problems, like text lines, can undermine, and could hardly improve either.

Oh, when we talk about the experience, I also think that Penumbra was better in that way. Just because of the more tricky physics puzzles where you have to use anything in the environment to get forward or to read someone's instructions in form of an user manual to repair a machine or such kind of involving stuff. Penumbra's puzzles were harder and more brain-thinking than Amnesia. Well, Amnesia has 1-2 hard puzzles too, for example the weights in the control room. But in penumbra you had more to look around the environment to find something special you need to get forward or use your own ideas.
Also the story was better in my opinion, searching for your father in greenland and be alone in that mining shaft, that was more plausible and doesn't feel like to be just in a game. I think that was better than the story with the orb they found in Amnesia. the intellectual background is very good of Amnesia's story, but that's the only good thing.
Amnesia also did it wrong "playing" with effects and "forcing" itself to be scary. For example the self opening doors in the beginning, a good idea, but three times one after the other. Or the image colorizing effects. That is to make horror, but it's not plausible and in my opinion, plausibility is very important to feel immersed.

But now let's stop writing about Penumbra here or which one is better. Let's now go back to AMFP.
I just wanted to tell how to do the texts right and make it better than it was in Amnesia.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 10:10 PM by Minecrawler.)
02-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update - by Minecrawler - 02-19-2013, 10:07 PM