Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing a conversion on mac+steam
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Installing a conversion on mac+steam

(03-30-2013, 12:31 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: If you were meaning something else, then i can't help. The language is too dizzy to see!
I thought I didn't have to translate anything, because it's the same screen as on the English version Tongue It's in steam when you go to the Amnesia start options.
"Start options - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Thee options are only for advanced players.
[amnesiahill....cfg]
[OK] [CANCEL]"
Anything to the left doesn't matter. They're names of folders like music and pictures and whatnot.

Yeah Statyk, I looked up guides about how to install conversions, but I can only find guides about White Night. It comes down to entering a file (something like main_init.cfg) in the starting options, and I'm pretty sure this is the amnesiahill equivalent of that file/folder.
In the readme file it explains how to install it on Mac+retail, and it has a command for the terminal that redirects to the very same file.
Quote:do shell script "open /Applications/Amnesia.app --args amnesiahill_config/Amnesia Silent Hill_main_init.cfg"
I've tried doing this, but instead of using the retail version (Amnesia.app) and redirecting it, but I can't get that to work either. I've never used the terminal before.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing a conversion on mac+steam - by Tommyboypsp - 03-30-2013, 08:19 AM