Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ?

Megafox Wrote:I just got both Overture and Black Plague two days ago and I don't know how you guys manage to kill the dogs. I always seem to get clobbered by them :/ The hammer is impossible and rocks n' barrels are... Well... I'm never fast enough... Then again, maybe I just suck

Practice makes perfect. :-) The wolfdoggies killed me several times too, before I got used to the unconventional combat system. But boy, is it realistic ! In a good way, I think... Adds a lot to the "I am just an average Joe without superhuman strenghth" atmosphere. :-)

I'll give you a few hints :

Try provoking a dog, then run to the nearest crate and jump on it. The canine critter will keep snapping his jaws at you, but your on high ground now, and you can hit him hard with the pickaxe.

Or, throw some heavy objects at him - like a metal barrel or some medium-sized rocks. Once he lies on the ground for the first time, keep hitting him with all you have got : Pickaxe, rocks, anything.

If two doggies somehow get stucked in some more confined space, throw the few dynamite sticks you have found directly to them.

Beef-jerky is the most peaceful solution - throw it somewhere, so the dog can see it, then quickly creep near him, while he is distracted.

Meat and dynamites are thrown by holding down the left mouse button - the longer you hold it, the farther you throw...

Anyway, have a look at this video with one of the devs (Thomas) explaining, what types of combat you can use in Overture :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dHDqlcX7FU

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
07-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread