The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an Introduction & more
T122002 Offline

Threads: 10
Making an Introduction & more

Hi everybody! I have a couple questions to ask, I figure I will ask all of them in this thread. Most of the questions are asking about an introduction.

So, I decided that for my story, I want an introduction to explain some of the story or characters thoughts. I want to add commentary for the intro., but I also don't know how to script that. I use Audacity to save it as a .ogg, however, it doesn't work. The intro doesn't have to be something completely dramatic, just something simple.

My question is, before you can even start playing, how would you add commentary and make it so the words of what you're saying show up at the bottom of the screen and they go along with what you're saying. Then when you're done talking and move onto a different sentence, the words will change to the new sentence being said.

During the intro, I want the character to slowly walk to one destination then the screen will slowly fade out, then slowly fade back in with the player being at a completely different location, but are still walking slowly to the required destination. When the character is moving, the actual player has no control of the character, and the character is just walking.

When the character would teleport to a different location during the introduction, that is when I want the commentary to play. And when the screen fades out then back in, a new sentence will be said. And finally when the intro is over, than the actual player will be able to play.

My next question is how to make a flashback effect, does that require walking into a scripted area, than the flashback would happen? How would I make that happen so you can hear the commentary during the effect, then when the commentary is over, the flashback ends.

My final question is, how do I make custom music and sounds? I said earlier that I used Audacity to make it into a .ogg, but when I make a "music" folder inside the custom story folder and place the .ogg file there, it doesn't play in the actual story itself, even when I put it inside the script. And that's the same with sounds, they just don't work.

Hopefully that made sense, and I hope someone can help me figure this thing out.
04-22-2013, 03:51 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Making an Introduction & more - by T122002 - 04-22-2013, 03:51 AM
RE: Making an Introduction & more - by T122002 - 04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
RE: Making an Introduction & more - by Romulator - 04-23-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Making an Introduction & more - by Romulator - 04-22-2013, 08:48 AM