Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an Introduction & more
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Making an Introduction & more

(04-22-2013, 05:05 PM)T122002 Wrote: Hmm..okay. I think doing that would be better and much less confusing. I think why I thought the player would walk forward is because whenever a memory happens or commentary starts playing, I always walk forward. So I thought that there was just a script thing for that. But I think looking at specific objects would work much better. I could probably just forget about commentary too if it comes to that, since I've played some great stories w/o commentary (Lost The Lights for example). I can just put down the messages of what the character is saying.

Commentary on FadeIn doesn't seem too difficult, I think I will practice that a little with a test map. Big Grin

I also figured out how to make the custom music now, thanks! For the custom sounds, do I just save the extension as .snt instead of .ogg?

Well, assuming it is music; like I said, we call the PlayMusic(); but if we are using sounds, we would use PlaySoundAtEntity();

Sound files are interesting as the game actually calls .snt files as a thing we play around in NotePad. If you open a .snt in Notepad, it would look like this:

Spoiler below!

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="thesoundfile.ogg" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="1" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="0" Interval="0" FadeEnd="True" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="1" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

What you need to do is change the Sound File to the .ogg file which is the sound effect you want to play, then screw around with properties if you need. This would mean that if I used the above, in one of my music folders, I would find:

thesoundfile.ogg
thesoundfile.snt

The filename of the .snt does not necessarily have to be the same as the .ogg, but it does look much neater. Smile

If any of MY code is not understandable, send me a personal message or comment below.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Making an Introduction & more - by T122002 - 04-22-2013, 03:51 AM
RE: Making an Introduction & more - by T122002 - 04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
RE: Making an Introduction & more - by Romulator - 04-23-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Making an Introduction & more - by Romulator - 04-22-2013, 08:48 AM