Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I realize that this kinda defeats the point, but...
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: I realize that this kinda defeats the point, but...

prator Wrote:I don't know exactly why I'm affected this way... I've done FPS games before, and though I do tend to freak out when something beastial pops up onto the screen and starts roaring at me, usually my response is to fire wildly with any weapons I have at hand, which generally solves the problem. Only now I don't have a gun, and I don't know if this hammer is any good, and am not keen on trying it out... I have no problems with being sneaky instead of violent, but the idea that "if my sneakiness fails, I'm screwed," is kind of paralyzing.

That's why Penumbra is so scary - no projectile weapons, no gunfights with monsters, no safe instant slaughtering... Just good old bare-handed close combat... :-) Oh, BTW, did you know that the second episode doesn't even feature any weapons ? Oops, now I probably scared you a bit... ;-DD

Anyway, the combat may be clunky, but it really works, once you get used to it - even without turning on the "easy swing" mode. :-)

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
06-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread