Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particle systems on Water Lurker
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Particle systems on Water Lurker

(06-11-2013, 05:21 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: I'm trying to create a custom water lurker that is basically a mist lurker. I made a custom particle, an edited version of the fog particle, turning it red. Then added that to the "move/run" particles for my custom monster. In game, the particle works fine and is created as he moves.

2 problems arise here. The first, and most important, is trying to figure out how to make each particle fade away after it's created. Currently each one stays and makes him look like a big red worm getting longer and longer. (An interesting idea for a monster in and of itself, Penumbra worm redux if you will, but not what I'm trying to do here)

The other problem, which isn't a big deal, is that the effect gets created in bunches, meaning each time a new fog ball is made, it just pops in ahead of the last. I'd like it to look as much like a "moving" fog as possible. I'm sure there's some way I can achieve this, but it's not as important as the first problem.

Thank you, and sorry for constantly asking questions here.

Try to replicate what FG did on the Cells. When
Spoiler below!
the Shadow is chasing you,
they looked like a red mist.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Particle systems on Water Lurker - by DeAngelo - 06-11-2013, 05:21 AM
RE: Particle systems on Water Lurker - by PutraenusAlivius - 06-11-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Particle systems on Water Lurker - by Rapture - 06-11-2013, 05:51 AM