Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexpected End Of File
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Unexpected End Of File

For future reference, support questions should go in Developement Support. You're more likely to get help quickly there :)

Just to add on to what JAP said:
  • Strings are names of things and go in brackets (example: "servant_grunt_1")
  • Bools are true/false values
  • Floats are always decimal values with an f (example: 0.125f), the most common type is a time variable where the float value is given in seconds
  • Int (Integers) are whole-number values and cannot have decimal places (example: 1)
  • Text that isn't part of the script is indicated by two forward slashes (example: //Fix this later)
If you're using Notepad instead of Geany or Notepad++, I would highly recommend switching. Both of the programs I suggested are free :D

Once you've downloaded one (or both) of those programs, change the language in it to C++. That way, your strings, bools, and floats are colour-coded. It's just a really nifty way of making sure you don't forget a bracket or an f somewhere :p

In Notepad++, the language options are in the top bar, not hard to find at all. C++ is under the C drop-down menu. Floats and ints are orange, strings are grey, bools are blue, and non-script text (side-notes) are green.

In Geany, I have no idea because I never downloaded it :p I just know it's a program that a lot of other people here use.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for catching the int thing, Adrianis!

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2013, 09:56 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
06-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected End Of File - by Banderson96 - 06-18-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: Unexpected End Of File - by PutraenusAlivius - 06-18-2013, 03:25 AM
RE: Unexpected End Of File - by Banderson96 - 06-18-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: Unexpected End Of File - by CarnivorousJelly - 06-18-2013, 08:40 AM
RE: Unexpected End Of File - by Adrianis - 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: Unexpected End Of File - by DeAngelo - 06-18-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: Unexpected End Of File - by Adrianis - 06-18-2013, 06:49 PM