Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Out of Range Signal (60 Hz)
dammarin Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Out of Range Signal (60 Hz)

I am having the same problem.

I just got Requiem and reinstalled Black Plague on my Ubu 8.10 with nvidia 6100 card (running proprietary driver).

My desktop res is 1920x1200@60Hz, after launching the game I get Signal Out of Range.

I input the Horiz/Vert refresh values for the monitor into xorg.conf (they weren't there before, because the nvidia driver correctly reads EDID information from the monitor and the presence of these parameters can actually confuse it sometimes) but it didn't help.

Looking at the log, the game starts in 800x600, but it I guess it selects a very high refresh rate - based on what, I cannot tell.

The only way to quit the game is to do ctrl-alt-backspace. Killing the penumbra processes does not restore the desktop. I cannot edit the settings.cfg file, because the game doesn't create it.

It would be great if Penumbra responded to e.g. Ctrl-Q so at least I could quit it normally (maybe it would generate the settings.cfg file on exit?).

Any ideas what I could do? Thanks.
12-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Out of Range Signal (60 Hz) - by ksiads - 07-18-2008, 09:20 PM