The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Some .srt files play, others stay silent. urgent help needed
thaniels Offline

Threads: 4
Some .srt files play, others stay silent. urgent help needed

Hello once again forum,

I have stumbled upon another error in my custom story, a strange one this time. I have recorded several custom sounds (voices) and implemented them in my custom story, the first 5 work fine they play when the trigger area is hit and all is well. Here is the strange thing, the rest of the trigger area's I hit, do trigger the functions given to them apart from playing the .srt file. I have checked the code and it is identical to the code I use for the ones that work, I heard that audacity could sometimes sent corrupted files and i have tried with several different other converters in the hope they would give me files that do work.

I have no idea what is going on, i have copied the file names directly from how they are saved as the .ogg files, the files work when i play them in audacity and other sound programs but fail when I try to play them in game.

Please can anyone help me I need to present my Specialization project (I made this custom story for a school project as proof of a theory i wanted to investigate) on Tuesday so I hope some one can help me quick Blush

Kind regards

Thaniels

P.S.
I have my maps, the code plus the sound files in a download link at the bottom, feel free to go through them I just don't know what to do anymore.

http://www.2shared.com/file/ghuncyY_/Spe..._Copy.html
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2013, 01:13 AM by thaniels.)
06-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Some .srt files play, others stay silent. urgent help needed - by thaniels - 06-23-2013, 11:02 PM