The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Installation help
xeriouxi Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Installation help

Hi there!

I would like to say that from what I played of the demo this looks a great game... I'm looking forward to getting the next one after playing this. However I have a query about the installation of the game if I may.

I have the retail installer here and I make sure all my games go into /usr/local/games (I run Ubuntu 8.04) and so I ran the installer using the sudo command.

The game seemed to install just fine, but when I go into the directory it's empty. I assume this is somehow related to root owning the folder maybe, even though it doesn't hide the contents in any other folders from me.

My question is how can I get this working? I know I have to apparently run the game using 'sh penumbra' but do I have to do something like chmod/chown (I'm really new to the commands so I don't know what I'm doing) on the folder, and is this recommended/safe to do? I won't have any issues in the future with this or anything? And I'm stumped on how I do all this if it's the way to do it that is...

Many thanks in advance! =)
08-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Installation help - by xeriouxi - 08-05-2008, 09:06 PM