Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Questions on scripts and script placement.
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Questions on scripts and script placement.

(08-17-2013, 05:56 AM)goregrinder99 Wrote: So either way when you load a save, callbacks are negated and no longer in effect? Not sure if I'm getting this... -_-

Say I have an AddEntityCollideCallback and an AddUseItemCallback. What would be the effect of having them in the OnStart or the OnEnter function?

If I open the game and save right away and load it up, will the callbacks still take effect when I either hit the collide area or try to unlock a door with a key if the scripts are set in the OnStart or OnEnter or both?

When you specify to the engine not to remove the callback after triggering it, the callback remains in the session. This means when the user saves their progress, the callbacks get saved, too, in the save file. So when the user loads a save, the callbacks get loaded too, therefore OnStart and OnEnter are not required to initiate the callbacks again. Same goes for timers.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2013, 10:10 AM by Your Computer.)
08-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions on scripts and script placement. - by Your Computer - 08-17-2013, 10:08 AM