Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Is it worth it lowring your standards to enjoy something more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I place enjoying myself irrationally as being more important than being a critic.
38.46%
5 38.46%
No, a lackluster piece of work is a lackluster piece of work, and I refuse to adjust my standards for such a thing.
38.46%
5 38.46%
Other type of answer (State below)
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What is the Point in having High Standards?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: What is the Point in having High Standards?

This is getting into a semantic debate about what quality and high standards actually are. Having high standards doesn't necessarily mean wanting to watch a certain type of movie all of the time, for example an involving drama. So just the act of watching something light-hearted and enjoying doesn't on its own constitute lowering your standards, as the automatic processes that go on in your brain while you're watching cannot be intentionally turned off IMO. But there are varying degrees of quality when it comes to anything, say comedy. There is intelligent humor, physical humor, deadpan, dry humor and the list goes on almost endlessly. That doesn't mean that certain types are more high quality than others necessarily and there are absolutely horrible examples to be found from any conceivable genre. So the bottom line is that high quality entertainment isn't necessarily only cerebral, but when you watch examples of perhaps more brainless types of entertainment the focus is elsewhere and so the criteria by which you judge change. Essentially you don't need to be any less critical.
08-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the Point in having High Standards? - by Bridge - 08-27-2013, 05:45 PM